With advanced technology that delivers consistent high performance in a multitude of applications, and with ten times the workload capability of desktop drives, WD Re is the workhorse of the WD's datacenter portfolio. WD Re is perfect for high-availability storage arrays that demand the most robust storage device available. High performance, capacity and reliability make WD Re ideal for data warehousing/mining and high-performance computing.
High capacity Nearline drive
Massive capacities up to 6 TB suit even the most demanding datacenter, enterprise server, or cloud storage needs.
Designed for high-intensity applications
Designed to handle up to 550 TB per year – the highest workload capability of any 3.5-inch hard drive – delivering both performance and reliability to any datacenter environment.
Designed for durability and reliability
With up to 2 million hours MTBF, this high performance drive delivers the highest level of reliability for 24x7x365 operation in the most demanding storage environments.
Disk Utilities and Migration Tools
Acronis True Image WD Edition can clone drives, backup your operating system, applications, settings and all of your data, while also having the ability to securely wipe any data you no longer need. You can quickly and easily deploy a new hard drive to your PC or laptop and automatically migrate your operating system, applications, and all of your important data, including images, music, and documents.
- Hard drive
- Hard drive capacity: 4000 GB
- Hard drive interface: Serial ATA III
- Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM
- Drive device, buffer size: 128 MB
- Hard drive interface transfer rate: 6 Gbit/s
- Hard drive sustained transfer rate: 201 MiB/s
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 2000000 h
- System requirements
- Windows operating systems supported: Yes
- Mac operating systems supported: Yes
- Linux operating systems supported: Yes
- Power consumption (read): 9 W
- Power consumption (write): 8.7 W
- Power consumption (idle): 7.1 W
- Operational conditions
- Operating temperature (T-T): 5 - 60 °C
- Storage temperature (T-T): -40 - 70 °C
- Non-operating shock: 300 G